It is indeed a notorious word which scares lot of men and women. That word which creates anxiety among the adults and mostly in the teenagers. You thought it right! Its ACNE. As you know Acne is a condition which occurs when the hair follicles are blocked with the dead cells. This can also be caused when the pores secrete excess oils too. This condition is mostly followed by blackheads, pimples and what not. Before knowing the benefits and detail about the coconut oil, lets get into more facts about Acne.
One of the highly worried problems about skin for ages is Acne. Many population in the world today is troubled with this issue trying to find a perfect solution everyday. Fortunately there are many solutions and remedies have been found which can reduce the Acne, but unfortunately there have been no sources which can completely remove Acne from the skin. The damage already caused may not be easily cleansed or removed at once for life. Acne also known as Acne Vulgaris common among teenagers also affects older ones or we can say all ages. Though the problem seems to disappear gradually after puberty, many of the cases see that this condition still is painful as it leaves scars and spots on the skin for long time that could be many years. Very few get rid of this naturally as they age, but many of them cannot get this out of their Skin. Also, there are cases where the Acne spreads over the skin for life without the hormones getting normal.
Healthcare2day have come up with a solution which can help you get the normal skin and make your skin look fairer and get clear and clean skin. Yes, Coconut oil is what we are talking about. Although this seems to be craze suggesting Coconut oil, it’s evident that coconut oil definitely gives some very good results helping you to get what you desire. There are plenty of reasons why we suggest coconut oil as a good remedy for Acne and you might also get surprised as many articles and bloggers suggest to avoid oil and fats completely to avoid Acne. But believe it or not this coconut oil remedy will surely give you better results.
Coconut oil and its properties
Coconut is termed as a drupe(A fruit with thin skin on the outer surface and contains the fruit inside) and is presumed to be the one which originated in the Indian-Indonesian region. This amazing fruit tree is termed as Kalpa Vriksha in Sanskrit meaning, the tree which serves all the needs of life. This is used in cooking and has many nutritional values. Not just oil, coconut milk and coconut water serve vast benefits to the mankind.
Lets get straight to it. Can this Acne be cured? Let us now see how this oil can be used to Cure Acne. Read on..
Though many say that coconut oil cures acne, they do not clearly mention the combination which is the most important aspect in curing the Acne. Following have the combinations which can be of great help to you in getting rid of this irritating skin condition.
Coconut oil with Baking Soda
The mix of Baking Soda and Coconut oil can be applied as a face mask and this primarily helps in clearing the pores.
1) Take a dried cup and add 1 TSP coconut oil and 1 TSP Baking Soda and mix till it becomes a paste.
2) With two finger take the paste and apply it on your face, starting from cheeks towards your nose and then back to the ear in circular motion.
3) Apply it all over your face evenly for ten minutes and keep massaging for ten minutes.
4) Now rinse off with cold water and let it dry.
5) Do it regularly for better results
Coconut Oil with Banana
This amazing combination of Banana and coconut oil works great in cleaning the bacteria which causes Acne. Also this helps the skin to hydrate and stay healthy.
1) Take a cup of sliced ripe banana pieces and add two table spoons of coconut oil to it.
2) Stir and mix well until it becomes a paste
3) Add a pinch of turmeric powder to the paste
4) Now apply this paste on the face in circular motions and leave it to dry.
5) Let it dry for half an hour and then rinse off.
Coconut oil with Turmeric
Turmeric is known for its tint and its medicinal properties but this when combined with the coconut oil results in fantastic cure from Acne.
1) Take half a spoon of turmeric powder and 2 table spoons of coconut oil.
2) Mix well until you see a thick paste.
3) Wash your face before applying this paste.
4) Now, apply this paste on your face in circular motions.
5) Let it dry for half an hour and then wash off with cold water
Coconut oil Overnight Application
Of all the simple techniques this leads in helping the best with fighting acne. The overnight application of coconut oil reduces inflammation and redness on the face.
1) Take tea tree oil and coconut oil
2) Add five drops of tea tree oil to 2 tsp coconut oil
3) Apply this all over the face and neck uniformly.
4) Leave it overnight and wash your face the first thing in the morning.
5) You can do this regularly for good results
Coconut oil with Oatmeal
Thought all the procedures cure the acne at the best. this procedure helps in maintaining the pH balance. It works very well for Rough skin.
1) You need 2 tsp of Oatmeal, 6 tsp coconut oil and a bowl of warm water
2) Mix all these in a proportion making sure the formula appears like a paste.
3) Apply this all over the face and particularly in the acne affected areas.
4) Let it dry for half an hour and rinse with water.
5) Do it regularly for visible results.
Coconut oil Homemade Cream
This process helps in completely fighting the viruses, bacteria and fungi which affect the skin leading to acne. This works amazingly well in reducing the excess oils from the skin pores.
1) Take fine white clay and organic coconut oil
2) Mix them thoroughly in a bowl
3) Apply the combination on your face and neck evenly
4) Wait for few minutes until the paste gets dried over the face.
5) Wash off and let the skin dry
Coconut oil for Cystic Acne
This is similar to overnight application but focussed primarily on the cystic acne. This helps in killing the bacteria causing acne
1) Take few drops of coconut oil onto your palm
2) Rub it to spread all over the palm and then gently apply the oil over the affected areas and the whole.
3) Massage it for few minutes so that the oil enters the skin pores evenly.
4) Leave it overnight and rinse with lukewarm water in the morning.
5) Apply this process regulary
Note: You can do this with aloe vera gel as well, if your skin os very delicate.
Coconut oil with Egg Whites
Egg whites have always been the best source to make your hair silky. Very few would knew the fact that this amazing serum can also be a great one to avoid Acne too.
1) Take two eggs and seperate the egg whites from the yolk.
2) Beat the egg whites mixed with two tsp of coconut oil in a bowl.
3) Once the mixture is ready apply it over the face and neck evenly.
4) Let it dry for twenty minutes and then rinse it off.
5) Repeat it regularly for awesome results.
Coconut oil with Tomato and Jojoba oil
1) Cut a tomato into fine slices and add organic coconut oil and jojoba oil.
2) Mix well and then blend.
3) Apply on the affected skin and leave it for 10 – 15 minutes.
4) Wash it off with warm water and pat the skin dry.
5) Follow this process regularly.
Coconut Oil with Green Clay Powder
1) Mix 9 drops of coconut oil in 2 tablespoons of green mud powder.
2) Add water and stir to make a paste.
3) Apply on the affected skin and leave for 20 – 30 minutes to dry.
4) Wash it off with warm water and pat the skin dry.
5) Re-apply this mask regularly.
Coconut Oil with Aloe Vera and Honey
1) Mix organic honey, fresh aloe vera gel and virgin coconut oil together.
2) Apply on the face for about 20 – 25 minutes.
3) Use a tissue to wipe the face clean.
4) Rinse off with warm water and pat the skin dry.
5) Apply this twice a week.
Coconut Oil Moisturizer with Lemon
1) Mix solidified coconut oil with fresh lemon juice.
2) Add essential oils like tea tree oil, lavender oil or vitamin E oil along with some vanilla extract.
3) Mix with an electric hand mixer to get a fluffy texture.
4) Apply this on the acne affected skin areas.
5) Regular application will give best results.
Coconut Oil Homemade Scrub
1) Mix a few drops of organic coconut oil, sugar, sesame or olive oil and nectar.
2) Apply this on the cleansed face and neck.
3) Rub gently for a few minutes, then wash off with warm water.
4) Dry the face and repeat this process regularly.
The above mentioned combinations will surely be of great help for you to fight against acne. We have acquired this information from renowned ayurvedic specialists who have experienced for many decades.
Tips and Precautions
1) Mix coconut oil in body wash and use in the shower. Rub it gently on the acne affected skin areas to get rid of acne.
2) Always use organic, cold pressed and extra virgin coconut oil.
3) Try to apply the oil before going to bed for best results.
4) Always do a patch test first before using these remedies.
5) You can apply this on any part of your body for good results.
6) Mix 1/4 cup of coconut milk in a morning smoothie and have this to dissolve the excess sebum in the body to prevent inflammation and acne.
7) It’s advisable to wash your face and hands thoroughly before applying this coconut oil to prevent the spread of oils and bacteria.
8) This works well for other skin problems like pimples, nodules, whiteheads, blackheads and scars.
9) It can be stored for a long time.
10) Regular intake of 2 – 5 tablespoons of coconut oil orally will also help to speed up the metabolism for proper body functioning.
11) Make sure to consult your doctor if you don’t see any results or if you’re pregnant.
12) It is always best to use a lighter oil as a carrier oil to reduce the viscosity of coconut oil and help it absorb more easily.
13) Exfoliating with coconut oil is crucial, as it helps to clean the skin and the debris clogging the pores. This also used as cleanser.
Please follow these tips and precautions which not help you understand the process of using the coconut oil but also keeps you safe from the problems occurred due to incorrect usage or dosage. Also I suggest to also make proper diet habits a routine. This routine should be a mix of fruits, vegetables and fat burning foods which can help the body to get the essentials it needs and flush out the toxins from the body. You now know what should be done to avoid the Acne completely and become the fairy queen.
Keep reading our other posts which focus on health care.
Another interesting article which can be helpful to you > Health Benefits of Clove Oil