Pregnancy demands a healthy and hearty breakfast. What else than cereals? Cereals are easy, effortless and nutritious food and keep those pregnant bellies filled for a long time. It is basically hands-on food for busy and working pregnant women. There has been a lot of speculation regarding which type of cereals are the best to consume during a pregnancy.
So how does one gauge that part and find out which breakfast cereals are the best for a nutritious breakfast?
First, let us find out what are the benefits of eating cereal in your breakfast have on your pregnant bodies:
- Cereals are the best thing to have with milk. So, it is the best way to have milk for women who do not prefer drinking milk on a regular basis.
- Cereals are rich in fiber, minerals and vitamins. It is a good way for the body to get the stipulated amount of nutrition.
- Cereals can also be a good way to eat fruits, berries and nuts to add flavor to your breakfast. It allows you to eat healthy and glowing during pregnancy.
- Cereals are very hands-on food. It is a good way to kill all of those hunger pangs and keep the raging hormones at bay.
- Cereals are hassle-free and a health freak food for all people.
Hence are the five best kinds of cereal to have in the breakfast:
|SL. NO||CEREA SERVING SIZE||NUTRITION PROFILING||INDEX SCORE||TOTAL CARBS (G)||FAT (G)||PROTEIN (G)||6g||SUGAR (G)|
|1.||Post Spoon Size Shredded Wheat||1 Cup||82||40g||1g||6g||2g||0g|
|2.||Kashi 7 Whole Grain Puffs||2 Cup||82||46g||1g||4g||6g||0g|
|3.||Kellogg’s Unfrosted Minl Wheat Bites||1 Cup||82||38g||1g||6g||10g||1g|
|4.||Uncle Sam Flakes||¾ Cup||78||50g||5g||7g||28g||1g|
|5.||Fiber One – Original||1 Cup||78||44g||2g||4g||–||0g|
What should your cereal have which makes it a nutritious breakfast?
- All of the breakfast cereal must be high in fibre content. It is very necessary during pregnancy to eat well. Fibre helps in avoiding constipation and helps digest food well.
- Opt for cereals which are high in folic acids. Pregnant women require folic acid which aids in a healthy pregnancy.
- Your cereal must contain carbohydrates and give your body the requisite energy to function.
- The cereal must contain a lot of vitamins and minerals which will help the body to cover up the nutrition requirement your body may need.
- Try to opt for cereals which have low sugar content.
In conclusion, now that you have a better understanding of what sort of cereals one must choose during pregnancy. Go nuts and stock up on the cereal the next time you are in the departmental store. Keep in mind the few pointers and eat well for a delightful and illness free pregnancy.